There’s nothing like September at Ralph Wilson Stadium, so we've gathered together some of our favorite Buffalo Chicken dishes for you to share at your tailgate.
Buffalo Chicken Chili
What you’ll need:
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 pounds ground chicken breast
• 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 5 cloves garlic, chopped
• 5 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 tablespoons ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon ground paprika
• 1/2 cup hot buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's® REDHOT Buffalo Wing Sauce), or to taste
• 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
• 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney or cannellini beans, drained
• 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the pot. Cook and stir 7 to 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper, and cook and stir until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are beginning to soften, 3 to 4 more minutes.
2. Stir in the hot sauce, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and white and red kidney beans. Bring to a boil, and simmer over medium-low heat about 1 hour, until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have blended.
Buffalo Chicken Cups
What you’ll need:
• 12 Oz of cooked chicken, diced
• 3 Oz of blue cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 Cup wing sauce (mild or hot, according to taste)
• 1/2 Cup cream cheese, softened
• 24 wonton wrappers (found in the refrigerated section of your store)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place chicken and blue cheese in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl mix together the softened cream cheese and hot wing sauce. Pour the chicken and blue cheese into this bowl and mix well.
3. Place one wonton wrapper in each cupcake opening. Press down.
4. Fill each wrapper ¾ of the way with the chicken mixture, top with more crumbled blue cheese if you wish.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the wrappers are golden brown.
Cook’s Note: This can also be made with phyllo dough cut into squares or tortillas if you can’t find wonton wrappers
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
What you’ll need:
• 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 pound elbow macaroni
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3/4 cup hot sauce (preferably Frank's)
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons dry mustard
• 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
• 1 pound yellow sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
• 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 1 cup panko
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard with a wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half, then add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
4. Spread half of the macaroni in the prepared baking dish, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining macaroni. Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top.
5. Put the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir in the panko, blue cheese and parsley. Sprinkle over the macaroni and bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Limited tickets still remain for the September 15th home game versus the Carolina Panthers and the September 29th home game versus the Baltimore Ravens. Fans may purchase tickets by going online at buffalobills.com or ticketmaster.com, by visiting the Ralph Wilson Stadium ticket office, or by calling 1-877-BB-TICKS (228-4257)